The Tennessee Career Development Association (TCDA) was established July 2013 and is a state affiliate of the National Career Development Association (NCDA).
Our Mission is to promote the career development of all people throughout the lifespan. To achieve this, TCDA fosters a partnership amongst Tennessee career development practitioners, counselors and advisors by promoting a sense of community, providing support, offering career-related training, and serving as an effective resource.
- To encourage career development assistance for all clients over a lifespan.
- Promote a sense of community among career development professionals from business/industry, elementary/secondary schools, colleges, public and private agencies, and private practices.
- Provide a diverse network of support, resources, and information for members through professional development and training opportunities.
- Inform Tennessee professionals on the latest and most helpful resources, theories, and techniques.
- Endorse the incorporation of theory and effective practice models into career development services.